Biography - Reena Liberman, MS, DST
Reena Liberman, MS, DST is a psychotherapist in private practice in Ann Arbor, Michigan providing adult psychotherapy for individuals and couples and specializing in the areas of sexuality and gender. I have a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology and am a Certified Diplomate of Sex Therapy (DST) through the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT).
I have been practicing psychotherapy since 1992 and sex therapy since 1998. In addition to my general psychotherapy practice, I work with adults who experience various sexual and gender-related difficulties. These include:
- problems with desire, arousal, and orgasm for men and women
- avoidance and aversion of sex
- vulvar pain, painful intercourse, and vaginismus in women
- rapid or inhibited ejaculation and erectile dysfunction in men
- sexual problems within a relationship
- individuals and couples coping with reproductive loss
- gender identity (affiliated with the University of Michigan Comprehensive Gender Services Program)
If you are already working with a medical or mental health professional, I also provide consultations to determine the source of the problem and advise on possible courses of treatment. I am receptive to all orientations, lifestyles, and preferences. If I do not specialize in treating your problem, I will refer you to a professional who does.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT)
- Michigan Psychological Association (MPA)
- Michigan Council for Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy (MCPP)
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Gender Services Program (UM-CGSP)
Please contact me with questions, for more information or to schedule an appointment.